Here’s what you’ll do:Strategy & Planning
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or work orders regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connections, ie. network jacks are in proper working order.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC/MAC equipment vendors.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent, and 2 year’s work experience in related field. CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification a plus
- Excellent knowledge of PC/MAC hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC/MAC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC/MAC and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.